Activity & Event Guide Week Commencing Sunday 7th October 2012!
- Coming up on October 18th-21st, the 34th European ILGA-Europe Conference, takes place in The Ballsbridge Hotel. GLEN, the Gay & Lesbian Equality Network of Ireland, are hosting this years event which will have up to 400 delegates from all over Europe and guest speakers including Táinaiste Eamon Gilmore. To find out more on this event www.glen.ie or www.ilga-europe.or.
- The NGLF & RainbowEurope.com are presenting their Trans-action documentary movie evening to mark coming out day at 7pm, October 12th in the Centre for Creative Practices On Pembroke Street. The movie is about a trans woman and her pursuit of happiness. Admission is free but booking is essential as places are limited, so to book email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Trans Community Forums are kicking off in Limerick at 6pm on Friday, October 12th at the Red Ribbon Project, Cecil Street and in Tralee on Saturday, October 13th at 2pm in the Tralee Community Development Project. To find out more check out www.transgender.ie.
To keep busy during the week why not check out some of these!
- On Mondays, it’s the Dundalk Outcomers Women’s Night from 8pm. Check out www.outcomers.org for more details.
- On Tuesdays, the Emerald Warriors are out training in Bolbrook, Tallaght, from 7.30pm. All levels are welcome and no experience is necessary. To find out more head over to www.ewrfc.ie.
- On Wednesdays, the Individuality youth group for trans people aged between 14 and 23 meet every second Wednesday at 6pm in BelongTo on Parliament Street. For more on this head over to www.belongto.org.
- On Thursdays, the Lady Birds group for young women aged between 14 and 23 meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month in BelongTo from 6pm. Go to belongto.org for more details.
- On Fridays, if you’re in Roscommon, the OUTWest Helpline are holding a HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SEX LIFE WORKSHOP ON SEXUAL HEALTH in the Melting Pot Café from 8pm. To find out more check out www.outwestireland.ie
- And on Saturday, it’s the Wet & Wild Sports Club who’ll be down in Kilkenny for rock climing at the Ballykeefe Quarry from 10am. To find out more about this and other events the group have organised head over to facebook.com/wetandwildsportsclubireland.